I just returned from fulfilling one of my birthday resolutions. I joined a gym, did a yoga/pilates-esque class, sweat, and smiled at my 40 year old body. Not bad, I said to myself (seen worse, definitely). Yes, it was a good way to celebrate my birthday. I resolved to enjoy my new home and become part of it.Decade birthdays in Sweden are different. Having grown up in a family that did not make a big deal of birthdays, I think I notice it even more. It started with a little bio and picture of me in the Regional newspaper two days before I turned 40. Neighbors and our kid's teachers we congratulating me. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about that. This morning I woke to two smiling kids and fresh coffee being delivered by my wonderful husband (that much I expected). Followed by being rushed out of bed, thrown into my robe to go answer the door? There stood eight wonderful girlfriends singing happy birthday (the Swedish version), bearing breakfast and cake. Wow, now that was a surprise and a wonderful experience.
I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. They never cease to amaze me. So I will stretch, twist, view the other side and enjoy the perspective while I am here (in the yogic sense and more).
No comments:
Post a Comment